|Hyundai Tucson Fuel Cell Forum
|Test drove the Tucson Fuel Cell (FCV) and experience so far
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||tjka4231 [ Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:26 pm ]|
|Post subject:||Test drove the Tucson Fuel Cell (FCV) and experience so far|
A few months ago I submitted online my name on the interest list for the Hyundai Tucson FCV. Back in April of this year, I was invited by Hyundai to see the Tucson FCV that was on display at the UC Irvine open house event. There I had a chance to sit in it, open and close the doors, kick the tires, and speak with the Hyundai reps. There was a sign-up sheet there also. They told me that by attending this event and signing-up onsite they will match people that previously signed-up online and move them up on the priority list as they are deemed to be more serious about this vehicle and to prioritize over the tens of thousands that have signed-up online. I was called earlier this month by Hyundai corporate to schedule a test drive. Only 3 Hyundai dealers (all in Southern California) have so far been authorized to lease the Tucson FCV - Tustin, Carson, and another in Anaheim. I test drove the FCV at Tustin. This is the same dealer that leased the first Tucson FCV a week ago. Here are my observations or what I was told by the salesman during the test drive:
1) It is a mid-sized crossover with good amounts of interior space for passengers and cargo, apparently the hydrogen tanks didn't appear to take up that much space.
2) It is only available in white on the exterior and black in the interior.
3) It has an electric adjustable driver seat but manual front passenger seat.
4) According to the salesman, there are no daytime running lights and there is no power lift-gate on the FCV.
5) Driving it was very smooth as expected from its electric engine.
6) It was very quiet on the freeway, unlike my Toyota RAV4 EV, due to its noisy tires.
7) Acceleration is not as quick as compared to my RAV4 EV but adequate and I was able to pass other cars on the freeway with no problems.
I have told the salesman that I intend to lease it. They will order from corporate and it should be delivered by mid-July. I'll see how it goes from there.
|Author:||hpx [ Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:16 pm ]|
|Post subject:||Re: Test drove the Tucson Fuel Cell (FCV) and experience so|
Ciao Tika4231 it's arrived your Tucson FCV ?
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC|
|Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group